one of my favorite shows…it reminds me of a happier time, and the reminder makes me happy now.
New Blogilates Challenge! Week #3: EAT THE RAINBOW
Your challenge this week is to eat the following colors each day of the week and post your meal featuring that color on facebook! This is to keep you accountable!
- MONDAY: RED
- red foods have lycopene which decreases your risk of heart disease and protects your skin from sun damage
- ex: tomatoes, red pepper, chili, guava, watermelon, pink grapefruit
- TUESDAY: ORANGE
- orange foods have tons of vitamin A which helps with low light vision!
- ex: sweet potato, orange, carrots, cantaloupe, winter squash
- WEDNESDAY: YELLOW
- yellow foods help decrease joint inflammation
- ex: banana, yellow bell pepper, pineapple, corn, yellow squash
- THURSDAY: GREEN
- green foods play an important role in stimulating new tissue growth and hindering growth of bacteria
- ex: broccoli, kale, kiwi, green beans, asparagus, avocado
- FRIDAY: BLUE
- blue & purple foods help prevent short term memory loss – blueberries in particular help your brain respond better to incoming messages and might spur new growth of nerve cells
- ex: blueberries, blackberries (there are not that many naturally occurring blue foods, so if you must sub purple, that’s ok)
- SATURDAY: PURPLE
- ex: radish, red cabbage, beet, plum, eggplant
- SUNDAY: EAT THE RAINBOW
- Try to eat one of every color today! Either in one meal or throughout the day!
from Orlando by Virginia Woolf